Here are my top ten tips for you to consider when thinking about your business brand and customer connection.
- Focus on what your business achieves for its customers. Your brand is no good to you if it isn?t delivering what customers want.
- Take ownership of your brand.? Pay attention to customers? needs, but you should still control what you want your brand to mean to them.
- Be honest. If you don?t believe in your brand, no one else will.
- Keep your brand simple. Focus on a small number of key brand values.
- Be consistent.? Every aspect of your business should make your customers feel you are true to your brand.
- Be thorough.? Look at all your systems to make sure they support your brand.
- Involve employees. Make sure they understand your brand and believe in it.
- Communicate your brand. Make sure every advertisement, brochure and interaction helps to reinforce the same message.? Don?t forget social media and online contacts as well.
- Meet and exceed what your brand promises.? Failing, even just the once, will damage your brand.
- Manage your brand. Continually look for opportunities to make improvements. Don?t be afraid to make changes to reflect shifts in the way you do business or new trends in your market